One of the fun things that I did with the Tillamook Light Yogurt I got was to create a delicious Rainbow Yogurt Parfait with Toasted Quinoa. I pulled out the different flavors of yogurt I received and picked one flavor for each layer:
- Pink: Oregon Strawberry
- Orange: Peach
- Yellow: Lemon Squeeze
- Blue: Mountain Huckleberry
- Purple: Pomegranate Blackberry
I spooned a little bit of each flavor carefully into the dish creating a layered look. Which turned out lovely and fun!
I then added the Toasted Quinoa on top which added a little bit more protein and a yummy crunch to this treat. Even Zane loved the toasted Quinoa, which he is the pickiest little one ever!
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 packet truvia
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Cover cookie sheet in parchment paper
- Spread a layer of quinoa across the paper
- Sprinkle spices and sweetner on quinoa
- Bake 30-40 minutes tossing every 10 minutes
- Serve in your cereal for extra protein or sprinkle on yogurt!
Servings: 4 (about 2 tablespoons) | Calories: 58 | Fat: 1 | Carbohydrate: 11 | Fiber: 2 | Protein: 2
This keeps pretty well in the fridge so if you want to make it the night before for an amazing breakfast! That’s what I did.
[box]Disclaimer: I was given samples of Tillamook Light Yogurt used in this post. My opinions (and my boys) are my own (and theirs), if we love it we share it.[/box]