One of my first recipes I created was my Creamy Black Bean Chicken Soup, but really it’s not a soup. This recipe turns out super thick and hardy. I recreated the recipe this week and made a few changes including adding a yummy cilantro greek yogurt topping.
I originally had you adding salsa to this recipe, you still could, but you have to really watch the ingredients on salsas. Make sure they are not adding extra sugar. I now use canned tomatoes and chilies, they have no additives and still add great flavor. Because I wanted a little more kick of flavor I added of my homemade taco seasoning.
I did a few more tweaks to the recipe but my favorite was the new topping. I currently use cilantro paste, found in the produce section. I use this because I find it lasts longer for me. I am the only one in my house who eats it, so it tends to go bad before I use very much of it. You can use regular cilantro instead if you wish.
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Boneless Skinless
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can tomatoes & chilies
- 2 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 package Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Place chicken breasts into crock pot
- Add can of black beans, tomatoes and chilies, and taco seasoning
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked
- 1/2 hour before serving shred chicken and place cream cheese on top to melt
- Before serving mix cream cheese into soup
- Mix plain greek yogurt and cilantro and top soup
Amount Per Serving