You will notice that I just shared my Skinny Cranberry Barbecue Sauce today. I wanted to share the recipe that I used this sauce in, because it turned out soo good.
I love poached chicken, it is easy, fast and moist. This is one of my favorite ways to make shredded chicken as well. One of the tricks of making your poached chicken taste the best is to not just do it in water. Make sure you add at least bouillon to your water, but also consider adding herbs too.
You bring your pot of water to a boil and add your chicken to the pot. The chicken can be fresh or frozen, but just make sure it cooks all the way through.
How to Serve
You can serve shredded chicken lots of ways in tortillas, on thin whole wheat buns, on quinoa, on cauliflower rice or light bread. I used a water glass and cut circles out of my favorite light bread to make a “bun” for myself. I find that I eat so little bread that when I buy thin buns they just go bad before I can use them.
- 8 ounces skinlesss chicken tenderloins or breasts
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 cup skinny cranberry barbecue sauce
- Bring pot of water to boil add bouillon and chicken
- Cook for 10 minutes (20 minutes for breasts)
- Once cooked take out chicken and use a fork to shred
- Add cranberry barbecue sauce and mix till chicken is covered
- Serve on a thin bun or light bread.
Amount Per Serving