Have you had those nights that you are just done and you don’t want to cook dinner? I was having one of those nights and TJ decided to get creative in the kitchen and he created Southwest Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
He was really trying to keep my dietary needs in mind while he created. High protein and low carbs, so he found a small lettuce head in the fridge and used that for me instead of tortillas.
Not only did he create a tasty dish but a lovely one as well. I quickly grabbed my camera and took photos. I told him he was going to have to start blogging for me. What do you think?
- 6 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 ear corn
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (or one packet)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 6 lettuce leaves or 9 small leaves
- Grill chicken on grill or in a separate pan
- While grilling chicken slice corn off cob
- Add corn into non stick pan and roast
- Slice chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and add into pan with corn
- Add tomatoes with chilies, lime juice, and taco seasoning into pan with chicken and corn
- Mix ingredients and cook till most of liquid has boiled off
- Serve in lettuce leaves and sprinkle with cheese
Amount Per Serving