I was on Facebook and this post popped up showing Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo. l I’ve been thinking about making a white sauce for spaghetti squash for while. I went to check out Lindsay’s post and I was intrigued by her idea of creating a white sauce with cauliflower being the base.
I thought about making her recipe and just trading out the pasta with spaghetti squash, but I ended up making a few more alterations to suit my diet. I needed to get some more protein in the recipe plus I made my recipe make fewer servings as I will probably be the only one eating this in my household.
This turned out amazing! I will have to try using cauliflower for some more sauces, the flavor was so slight I didn’t even notice it. My sauce turned out pretty garlicky, so I changed the name of my recipe, but I love garlic! I did have one follower on Facebook ask if you could taste the greek yogurt. Yes there is a bit of tang to it. If that bothers you can cut the greek yogurt back to 2 tablespoons and consider adding 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- 4 cups spaghetti squash
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- pepper & salt to taste
- Cook Spaghetti Squash in microwave for 10 to 15 minutes
- Bring broth to a boil
- Add cauliflower to broth and cook till soft
- In a skillet melt butter and add garlic saute for about a minute
- Add garlic, butter, pepper and salt to cauliflower
- Blend till smooth with hand blender or put in blender
- Add plain greek yogurt and heat till warm
- Toss sauce with spaghetti squash and serve with Parmesan on top if you wish
Servings: 2 | Calories: 158 | Fat: 4 | Carbohydrate: 23 | Fiber: 2 | Protein: 10