One of the best foods ever for a low carb diet is spaghetti squash. I love it! My absolute favorite way of eating it is with Peanut Sauce. This recipe is easy and full of flavor!
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Oven
My favorite way of cooking Spaghetti Squash is baking it in the oven. It does take about 30 to 40 minutes to cook in the oven depending on the size of your squash.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut squash in half carefully
- Scoop out seeds and guts with a spoon
- Salt and pepper
- Place cut side down on cookie sheet
- Cook for 30 minutes
- Test squash with a fork
- Add 10 minutes if fork does not slide in easily
- Once cooked use a fork to pull the meat from the sides of the squash
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Microwave
If you don’t have the time to cook your spaghetti squash in the oven then try the quick method in the microwave.
The Magic is in the Peanut Sauce
I love using chunky peanut butter, the little peanut bits add great texture to the sauce. The peanut sauce takes a little work to beat together. The fat content will resist the soy sauce but if you use a fork and work the sauce it will combine.
Once you add the sauce to the spaghetti squash the water content will also help the sauce to blend even more.
Optional Ways to Serve Your Spaghetti Squash with Peanut Sauce
I love changing up this recipe. You can add different toppings, the photo above has freeze dried edamame topping it. I have also added fresh edamame or chicken to this recipe to add more protein.
I also have added Thai Curry or Sriracha to add even more flavor! Sriracha is amazing on this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1?2 spaghetti squash
- Mix peanut butter, garlic chili sauce and soy sauce together.
- Cut Squash in half and place face down on a plate
- Cook squash in microwave for 15-20 minutes or till soft
- Scrap out squash and toss with sauce
- I sprinkled mine with edamame to add a little more protein (not included in nutrition info)
Amount Per Serving