Summer is here and it’s time for popsicles and ice cream. I found something just as delicious but healthy: Granita! My boys have actually been begging me to make it again.
A granita is a fruit based icy dessert. This is a great way to make a frozen dessert without any special tools except a flat pan and a fork.
I thought that the dessert may be hard or feel time consuming, but actually it was incredibly easy. Actually I think my kids would love helping make this dessert the next time I make it.
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 tablespoon truvia (4 packets)
- Add all ingredients to food processor and blend till smooth
- Pour mix into square pan
- Put in freezer
- Every 30-60 minutes pull out and scrape with a fork till smooth
- Do this till completely frozen about 2-3 hours
Amount Per Serving