I eat a lot of protein shakes due to my need for high protein in my diet. To make a good shake you need to find a protein powder you love. The only way to find a good protein powder is to try lots of them. Everyone’s taste buds are different so one person may like one protein powder when another person can think it tastes awful.
Try and buy the protein powder in the smallest amount you can find, some are great because you can buy them in individual packets but sometimes you have to buy a small tub of powder to try it.
My current favorite protein powder is Designer Whey – I’ve only tried natural flavor but am excited to try all their other flavors. I got my small container at Fred Meyer’s (Kroger) but will be buying it from amazon now as it’s a great deal on there.
Another thing that will help you enjoy protein shakes more is to experiment with them. Come up with your own flavors or find recipes. Variety is really important for you to not get tired of drinking your protein shakes.
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk or more depending on thickness
- 1 scoop protein powder natural or vanilla (100 cal/scoop)
- 3 nilla wafers
- whip cream optional (not counted in nutrition)
- Place all your ingredients in your blender except reserve 1 nilla wafer
- Blend till smooth add a little more milk if needed
- Pour into cup, add whip cream if you wish and crumb cookie on top
[box type=”tick” icon=”none”]Servings 1 | Calories: 292 | Fat: 4 | Carbohydrate: 31 | Fiber: 4 | Protein: 34[/box]