I decide this week to prep and cook everything I need for the week. That way I could just assemble and reheat my food quickly and easily. One of my favorite meals so far has been these delicious Sweet Potato Tacos.
On my cooking day I baked four to five sweet potatoes and cook up some taco seasoned ground turkey meat to have available for the week. This meal is packed with flavor, protein, and vitamins. One medium sweet potato has almost 400% of your daily allowance for vitamin A!
- 4 medium sweet potato
- 10 ounces extra lean ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 ounces shredded mexican blend cheese
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pierce sweet potato several times with a fork
- Place the sweet potatoes foil lined baking sheet
- Bake until tender about 45 minutes
- While potatoes are heat skillet on medium heat and start to brown ground turkey
- Once meat starts to brown add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water
- Stir till taco seasoning is mixed into the meat and keep on heat till water is cooked off
- Pull out baked potatoes and make a slit in the top of each sweet potato
- Top with meat, cheese, and salsa
Optional: Add other great toppings like lettuce, cilantro, sour cream, etc just make sure and add your nutrition for those toppings.
Amount Per Serving