One of the things I love doing with my kids is craft with them. I love crafting and I love I can share my passion with them. Even if you feel like you are not the craftiest mom, I promise they will love spending the time with you creating. Valentine’s Day is a great time …
Valentine’s Day is on it’s way, do you know what you are going to serve your sweetheart? How about having a full on chocolate dinner? Chocolate main dish and a chocolate salad. To start with I created a cocoa dry rub to rub down some plump little chicken tenderloins. This isn’t a sweet dry rub, …
My Favorite Post This Week
>> Measuring Happiness <<
I was visiting the new SITS Girls Forum and was enjoying a forum post about everyone’s favorite posts for January when I came upon Designer Wife’s great post: Measuring Happiness. She talked about a great quote for Kant:
Kant said that we require three things by which to measure happiness: someone to love, something we like to do, and something to look forward to.
Lindsey then decided to use Kant’s philosophy to put her happiness into perspective and I loved this and wanted to do it also!
1. Someone to Love:
God, my husband, and my children!
2. Something we like to do:
- Graphic Design – Working on my business has been so great! I love that I’m doing something that I enjoy so much!
- Blogging – I’ve really been enjoying blogging more this year now that I’ve let go of the thought that every post has to be perfect. Perfection is stressful!
- Faith – (I’m stealing this one from Lindsey) The last year has been a big year for me growing closer to God and that of course has brought so much happiness in my life. I’ve been enjoying our new church soo much. I have loved getting involved with the women’s ministries and making really amazing friends.
3. Something to Look Forward to
Starting to work on losing weight! I’m really excited about this next step in my life and making the changes to make myself happier with me.
How SUPER SURFING SUNDAY Works
If you would like to join in it’s not that hard at all:
1. Pick one favorite post that you read this week. Link them up and maybe talk about why you liked there post so much.
2. Link to Pepper Scraps with this button:
3. Leave the link to your post in the comments.
My Favorite Post This Week >> YOU ARE NOT ALONE << Theta hit the nail on the head with this post! This is always a good reminder for us mommy’s that no matter how much we feel alone there are other mother’s going through the same struggles. This is a good reminder for me today …
My Favorite Post This Week >> Valentine Roundup << Every year I think about having a valentine’s day party for my friends but usually too late. I have been able to do it once in the past and I loved it. This year, again I am hoping to do one. As I was surfing I ran …
Happy Valentine’s Day! Hope this day is filled with love, joy and tons of special time with your loved ones! This is the Valentine’s Day version of SSS. Find tons of links to some of my favorite valentine’s posts from this week! Lace Tea Lights – Found via One Pretty Thing this is a great …