The weather is cold and life has been busy and a little bit hard in our family. Time for comfort food and this Healthy Stroganoff recipe is a great example of one our families favorite comfort foods turned healthy. Plus it is a quick dump in the crock pot kind of recipe!
I first created this recipe two years ago. I created it because I was craving something warm, flavorful and creamy. But TJ is not a fan of sour cream so I knew I had to change this traditional recipe to fit better for our family.
Picky Eaters! I know you all have one in your family and I am sure that is usually one your children – but I have two in my family. My five year old but also my husband, TJ. If it’s not meat, meat, and more meat than it is suspicious. Even if I just put a dash of something he doesn’t like in a full pot, he can pick it out. Now I do have to mention that he is working on getting better at this and has been really trying lots of new things.
After creating this recipe TJ loved eating stroganoff, actually this is one of his favorite dishes that I make now. I hope you enjoy it too.
- 1 pound beef steak sliced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t crushed peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon bay leaves
- 1 package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 package no yolk egg noodles (about 3 cups cooked)
- Place meat, spices, and stock into crock pot.
- Place cream cheese on top of meat
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- One hour before dinner shred the meat and stir cream cheese in (takes a bit of stirring to get it creamy)
- Cook uncovered for last hour
- Follow directions on package of egg noodles
Servings: 4 | Calories: 364 | Fat: 17 | Carbohydrate: 24 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 26