Place it in a Cooler!
If you are just going on a day trip or even just planning for a crazy busy day then stuff a cooler in the back of your car and fill it with some healthy options.
- Water & Mio – One of the most important things you can make sure you have with you whenever you go out is water. So throw some water bottles in the cooler or even just stash your Mio into your purse for when you go to a restaurant.
- Cheese – This could be Laughing Cow, string cheese or just cheese you have cut and bagged up in single servings.
- Boiled Eggs – High in protein and easy to transport! Toss a few in your cooler to eat as a snack or as a simple lunch. Want to make a dozen eggs fast try your oven!
- Apple Slices & Almond Butter Snack Packs – If you don’t want to pay the extra for apple slices that have been treated to stop them from turning brown try this fun trick:
- Celery & Laughing Cow – Wash your celery, add a little salt and then spread the Laughing Cow cheese on. Or bag up the celery and spread on the cheese when it’s time to eat. Don’t forget to throw a plastic knife in the bag for spreading the cheese.
No Cooler Needed!
- PB2 Thins Peanut Butter Crackers – Okay I haven’t tried these but I have them on order! So excited to try these crunchy high protein snacks!
- Single Serving Almond Packs – Nuts are packed with protein and healthy fat. As long as you eat them one serving at a time they are a great snack to have on hand.
- Microwavable Popcorn Snack Bags – Pop up some popcorn and bag it up into single servings. Or just buy the single serving pop up bags. Make some fun flavors by sprinkling with unsweetened cocoa, cinnamon, garlic salt, paprika, thyme, Italian seasoning, True Lime, or cayenne pepper.
- Dry Roasted Edamame Packs – Dry roasted edamame is another great snack to just have packed in your car or purse for an emergency. But also great for when you are on a trip.
Things Besides Food!
- Pedometer or Fitbit Tracker – Take your pedometer to make sure you are staying active.
- Your Phone & Your Healthy Apps – Even with your healthy snacks packed you will still want to track what you are eating and get in some extra activity. That’s when you can use your handy dandy smart phone to be your personal health buddy.