Today Zane turned 15 months old. Every month I send out an email to our friends and family with the pictures of the month and some new fun facts about what he is learning. So I have decided I will add a new feature here also. Here are some fun facts, picture and more about Zane at 15 Months Old.
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
• Plays with ball
• Uses three words regularly
• Walks backward
• Zane loves pushing the ball back and forth and we have just started to learn to catch the ball.
• I can think of at least a dozen words Zane can say off the top of my head.
• Zane has pretty much mastered anything considered walking. The hardest thing is to get him to go backwards down the stairs, he wants to do it the way we do it.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
• Scribbles with a crayon
• Adopts “no” as his favorite word
• Just the other day TJ watched Zane pull a pen and notebook out of my purse. He opened the book to an empty page and started drawing. He really enjoys scribbling.
• Zane has been running as soon as he could walk.
• Zane hasn’t started saying “no”, but I don’t think this is a bad milestone to miss.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
• “Helps” around the house
• Puts his fingers to his mouth and says “shhh”
• Zane is his Granny’s boy. He loves to sweep. He loves to use his washcloths to clean his highchair after a meal.
• He doesn’t “shh” us but then we don’t do this to him. 🙂