I was reading a recipe with chopped zucchini, corn and black beans and thought it sounded divine. Until I start reading the directions, you were supposed to saute everything. But right now I am in love with fresh raw zucchini.
One of my favorite treats is hummus and raw zucchini chips, so good!
When I first made this for a pot luck barbecue I made a big mistake I forgot to add the black beans. It was actually really good so if you want just a veggie side skip the black beans!
- 2 medium zucchini diced
- 2 ears of corn cut off the cob
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 lemon zest & juice
- Toast corn in skillet
- Combine zucchini, corn onion and black beans
- Mix lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and garlic and poor over zucchini mixture.
- Toss till covered
- Let sit for at least one hour to let flavors mingle
Servings: 10 | Calories: 65 | Fat: 1 | Carbohydrate: 13 | Fiber: 4 | Protein: 4