Happy Fourth of July! Sorry I’m getting this lovely recipe too late for you to take to your party, but the inspiration hit just last night. I was so excited I found the jicama at the first store I went to last night. This is an amzing light and fresh salad that is low in calories. Great to take to a potluck or picnic!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups jicama diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 12 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons sweetner (I like to use Truvia)
- Place water and quinoa on medium heat.
- Once boiling cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to continue cooking.
- Place in fridge to chill.
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, sweetner and zest in a small bowl and set aside to allow flavors to mix.
- Reserve two mint leaves for garnish and slice rest very thinly.
- Once quinoa is chilled fold the fruit, mint, jicama and dressing.
Servings: 12 | Calories: 79 | Fat: 2 | Carbohydrate: 13 | Fiber: 2 | Protein: 2
Hope you have an amazing Independence Day!