Artichoke Spinach Dip Penne Delight (Guest Post)
Artichoke spinach dip all creamy and bubbly smothered on some fresh veggies or a *gasp* cracker was the highlight of our pre Thanksgiving repast. But alas, there was so much else to feast upon that we ended up with left overs! So what to do with all of this artichoke spinach dip loveliness and of course the left over turkey? Thus was born the Artichoke Spinach DipPenne Delight! And a delight it is. Popular with adults and children, even picky eater children, alike.
The original Artichoke Spinach Dip Recipe is Pepper’s, you will need to make it first. You may then eat a few bites while you are busy getting everything else together.
The Artichoke Spinach Dip Penne Delight
- 1 completed artichoke spinach dip recipe as per Pepper’s directions here
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cooked turkey (or chicken)
- 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbs butter
- 3tbs flour
- 1 tsp garlic powered
- 1 box Penne noodles
- Boil your noodles until they are “al dente” (slightly undercooked) – drain and set aside
- Melt your butter in a sauce pan, whisk in the butter to make a roux over low to medium heat
- Add the milk and broth mixing together into the roux
- Once it is all incorporated add in the spinach artichoke dip and the garlic powder and turkey
- As the sauce starts to thicken add in the noodles and give it a good stir
- Let the noodles finish cooking in the sauce, should take about a minute or two
Serve with crunch Italian bread, a salad and a nice bottle of white wine – sparkling cider makes a nice accompaniment too.
This will serve 4 to 6 people depending on how hungry your teenage boys are.