On this new series, a Craft a Day, you will find five activities that you can enjoy with your kids, one for each day of the week. I will be posting them on Saturdays so that you can use the weekend to get any supplies that you may need.
Now I’m not supermom and I don’t expect you to be either, but hopefully you may try one or two of these activities with me and my kids! You don’t have to do every single one and you don’t even have to do it this week. I just hope to give a resource for some great fun!
Some weeks I may have a theme and some I may not but either way we are going to have some fun together. This week we are going to go outside and collect some leaves!
- Autumn Maple Leaf Crowns – These are just lovely!! I knew how to make daisy chains but this is even better!
- Fall Leaf Puppets – These are so simple yet lots of fun.
- Leaf Prints – You can change this for all ages and the outcome is always lovely and unique. You can also do this paint free. Place the leaf on your material (paper, fabric etc) and place wax paper on it and let your kids hammer away on it with a hammer or mallet. You may be surprised at the print. Or you could try Leaf Rubbings.
- Crunchy Leaves – I have been saving this craft for a while to do with the boys. I love the simplicity of it yet it turns out great!
- Plaster of Paris Leaves – You can either have your little ones try making these or make them beforehand and have them paint them.
If you do any of these crafts and happen to take a picture or write a blog post about it please make sure and share your link in the comments. Also don’t forget to link the original crafter! I may feature you and your blog on next weeks post!