This week is all about dinosaurs and I found way too many fun ideas!! My list was overflowing with great crafts!
If you are new to A Craft a Day
A Craft a Day gives you five activities that you can enjoy with your kids, one for each day of the week. Most of these activities work well for preschoolers, but you may be able to adapt them for your toddler. If you want to learn more about the basics of A Craft A Day you can find them at a Craft a Day: Coming Back Soon. I will post the crafts on Saturdays so you can use the weekend to get any supplies that you may need. We are making our way through the alphabet this year so if you missed a you can find it here.
Are you Supermom?
Now I’m not supermom and I don’t expect you to be either. We don’t always get to each activity, sometimes life is just too busy. Hopefully you may try one or two of these activities with me and my kids! You don’t have to do every single one. You don’t have to be doing preschool with your child. I just hope to give you a resource for some great fun with your kids!
- Growing a Garden Healthy Snack – You probably don’t know but I love bunnies, we actually have a pet rabbit who lives upstairs with us. When I saw this snack I instantly grabbed up the link to use for this weeks snack.
- Terrific Terrariums – I got everything we needed, which took a bit because I wanted to find the perfect container. I finally bought one at Ikea and settled with glass since I couldn’t find anything clear plastic. As you can see this project ended up as a big FAIL for me.
- DIY Veggie Garden Sensory Box – I loved this idea as soon as I saw it. Zarek is a very touchy feely child, I can tell by the fact he loves smearing anything and everything on walls and tables. I thought he would love this project and he really did!
- Bean Sprout Science – Another example of not being supermom, we didn’t get a chance to do this activity, but we may try it another day.
- Foam Caterpillar – These were tons of fun, I only have pictures of the after product since our neighbor girl came over to do this craft with us and I’m very respectful of photographing others children. But let’s say it was tons of fun, but way to quick!
Supplies: Bunny Crackers, Grapes, Cheese, Chocolate Chips, Flower Cookie Cutter (or you can freehand it), wide clear container, pebbles, activated carbon (pet store), soil, stones, moss, small plants, cookie sheet or small flat container, paper towels, beans, tub, black beans, printable garden tags, egg carton, pipe cleaners, paint, paint brushes, garden toys, practice foam golf balls, craft foam, skewer, permanent marker, wire
If you do any of these crafts and happen to take a picture or write a blog post about it please make sure and share your link in the comments. Also don’t forget to link the original crafter! I may feature you and your blog on the following weeks post!