The last year or two I have made a point to always bring my own healthy options to our family potlucks. That way I know I will have a healthy option that I can fill my plate up if nothing else fits into my diet.
I have really enjoyed having the Handi Foil pans. If I need I can bake up my dish, take it to the potluck, and don’t have to worry about taking anything home. Or I can even give the food to someone else, like my neighbors who just had a baby and there are no worries about dishes, for them or for me.
This broccoli dish is a healthy version of cheesy saucy broccoli. Plus I like it even more because the broccoli and the cheese have more of a crispy texture not a mushy texture! If you are not a fan of lemon pepper or don’t have any in your pantry, try another spice. I love chili powder and cumin, they have a bit more bite, but still amazing.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place broccoli in a freezer bag and lemon pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Spread broccoli on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Spread cheese over broccoli and put back in oven for an additional 5 minutes.
[box]Servings: 6 | Calories: 51 | Fat: 2 | Carbohydrate: 5 | Fiber: 2 | Protein: 4[/box]
[box]This post was sponsored by Handi Foil, all opinions are my own.[/box]