Spring is here and asparagus and eggs are on sale! This is a great time of year for frittatas. Asparagus is one of my favorite spring vegetables, bright green and full of flavor. This spring Mini asparagus frittata recipe would be wonderful for a brunch.
I call these mini frittatas because they are not my typical full sized pan frittatas, I used a Texas sized muffin tin. Two frittatas make a serving.
I first started with spraying the muffin tin with cooking spray. Egg is great at sticking to a pan so you will want to spray it really well. Then place the asparagus tips criss crossed into the cups of the muffin tin.
Then pour over your egg mixture over the asparagus.
You can then add your chopped up ends to the egg mixture. Then sprinkle cheese on top.
The frittatas do raise so the ends will be covers up, but if you balance the tips just right you can have them peeking just out of the frittatas.
Note: I used texas sized muffin tins – if you use a regular muffin tin you will want to adjust the cook time.
Yields: 8 frittatas
- 16 asparagus spears about 1/2 a pound
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup reduced fat Italian cheese
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Trim woody ends of asparagus off
- Snap off the tips about the length of your muffin cups
- Chop the rest of the asparagus spears
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and cook asparagus on medium for about 5 minutes or till bright green
- Whip eggs and baking powder
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Pour eggs into muffin tin evenly
- Place asparagus on top of eggs, place 2 tips per cup
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Bake for 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving