One of the things I need to do to make my life easier is to have a menu plan. I’m not a cook, I’m a pull it out of the freezer or fridge and pop it into the microwave kind of mom.
To help me try and be a little healthier and a little more creative I have created a simple menu plan that I can use each week to stop the panic I get everytime I realize it’s dinnertime.
Right now it’s just a basic outline I follow each week. Hopefully I will start looking ahead a bit more and planning each week out more. But for now this works.
Monday – Noodle Night
Tuesday – Finger Food (Hot Dogs, Fish Sticks, Chicken Nuggets)
Wednesday – Sandwiches
Thursdays – Chicky Night (Happy Meal Night)
Friday – Breakfast at Night
Saturday – Something Special
Sunday – Mexican
‘Chicky Night may be going away, you will see tomorrow about that. But I’ve been thinking about doing a soup night, but Zane refuses to eat soup. We will see.
A Good Example
As a good example today is sandwich night so I made the boys Banana and Peanut Butter Sandwiches with Brocolli and for desert Strawberry Banana Yogurt with Strawberry Slices.
For me I made a Toasted Strawberry Banana Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Bagel. Which was amazing and easier to make than say!
- Toast your Bagel
- Spread Cream Cheese on one side
- Spread Peanut butter on the other
- Place sliced banana on the Peanut Butter
- Place Sliced strawberries on the Cream Cheese side
- Squish it together and enjoy!!
Make Your Own Plan
How to make your own plan is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Figure out the meals you make the most: Mexican, Chicken Dishes, Casseroles, Fish, Hamburgers, etc. and categorize them.
2. Give each day of the week a category.
3. Write it Down!
What is your families menu plan? What is your families favorite night of the week?