Are you trying to gain some traffic from Pinterest to your blog? Earlier I had written about How To Get Your Blog Post Pinned! One of the most important tips I could give you is to make sure you create a Pinterest Perfect Picture for your blog post.
4 Quick Reasons to Create a Pinterest Perfect Picture
- Encourage your readers to pin your post
- Remind the original pinner why they pinned your post
- Let others know why they should click through to your post
- Encourage repins!
Ready to Create your Picture?
Step 1 Go to PicMonkey.com
Step 2 Upload your Image
Step 3 Click “Auto Adjust” to brighten and clean up your picture
Step 4 Click the little beaker (second icon from the top) on the far left to get the Adjustments Menu
Step 5 Click “Exposure” and then “Auto Adjust”. For the example picture I brightened it even more and added more highlight and shadows. Brighter picture will more likely catch someone’s eye on a board full of pins.
Step 6 Click “Color” and then either click “Auto Adjust” or Click “Neutral Picker” and click on a white section of your picture.
Step 7 Click the icon on the left that looks like a frame around a box.
Step 8 Select a frame for your picture. This is an optional step. I used it because the composition of the picture I was using was a little boring and the Polaroid frame made it pop more.
Step 9 Add your text:
- Click the P icon on the far left
- Choose your font
- Enter the title of your post (or what your post is about), click apply
- Adjust the size and angle of the text
- Adjust the color, alignment, and blend mode of your text
Step 10 Save at the highest quality (10)
Before and After:
Which would you be more likely to repin?
3 Quick Tips on your Picture & Pinterest
- Take lots of pictures for your post. Then when you are ready to edit you have a few options for the perfect one.
- Lots and lots of light. Direct light is not good, but it’s better than low light. Sit your items next to a window or outside on a cloudy day to get better lighting.
- Ask your blogging buddies to pin your blog post and offer to do the same for them.