Did you have an amazing Holiday? I did! One thing that was really awesome was that everyone loved my dish I brought to Christmas dinner, Roasted Lemon and Bacon Green Beans! They were just delicious. The salty flavor of the bacon balanced the sour taste of the lemon.
I personally used precooked bacon as I can control my calories closer and the fat is already drained off. I love using precooked bacon for sandwiches, salads, or with breakfast. For this recipe I warmed the bacon in the pan, and then tossed the green beans straight into the pan. I didn’t have to worry about draining the fat because there is very little with the precooked bacon.
Please note that I used precooked bacon in the nutrition facts for this recipe.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 12 slices thin bacon slices (I used precooked heated in pan)
- 2 lemons
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut bacon into 1 1/2 inch sections and cook in skillet till crisp
- Trim ends off green beans as the bacon cooks
- Drain off excess bacon grease leaving about a tablespoon of grease in pan
- Toss green beans in bacon skillet to cover with bacon grease residue
- Wash lemons cut one in half, add juice & 1 teaspoon of zest onto the green beans and toss
- Lay green beans and bacon in one layer on a cookie sheet covered with tin foil
- Sprinkle lightly with a dash of salt
- Bake for 5 minutes
- While baking slice second lemon into thin slices
- Remove green beans and toss then add layer of lemon slices
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving