My Favorite Post This Week
>> Measuring Happiness <<
I was visiting the new SITS Girls Forum and was enjoying a forum post about everyone’s favorite posts for January when I came upon Designer Wife’s great post: Measuring Happiness. She talked about a great quote for Kant:
Kant said that we require three things by which to measure happiness: someone to love, something we like to do, and something to look forward to.
Lindsey then decided to use Kant’s philosophy to put her happiness into perspective and I loved this and wanted to do it also!
1. Someone to Love:
God, my husband, and my children!
2. Something we like to do:
- Graphic Design – Working on my business has been so great! I love that I’m doing something that I enjoy so much!
- Blogging – I’ve really been enjoying blogging more this year now that I’ve let go of the thought that every post has to be perfect. Perfection is stressful!
- Faith – (I’m stealing this one from Lindsey) The last year has been a big year for me growing closer to God and that of course has brought so much happiness in my life. I’ve been enjoying our new church soo much. I have loved getting involved with the women’s ministries and making really amazing friends.
3. Something to Look Forward to
Starting to work on losing weight! I’m really excited about this next step in my life and making the changes to make myself happier with me.
How SUPER SURFING SUNDAY Works
If you would like to join in it’s not that hard at all:
1. Pick one favorite post that you read this week. Link them up and maybe talk about why you liked there post so much.
2. Link to Pepper Scraps with this button:
3. Leave the link to your post in the comments.