I think I have found my all time favorite low carb, low calorie lunch! These Zucchini Pizza Boats are amazing and very low calorie, I’ve double checked them twice!! Can you believe these Zucchini Pizza boats are only 110 calories per piece! You can actually have both sides for lunch and still have a side salad and stay underneath 300 calories!
To start your zucchini boats you need to cut them in half, trim ends off, and spoon out the seeds
To add a little flavor sprinkle the zucchini with salt and pepper and then spread spaghetti sauce in boats. I’ve also used tomato sauce and sprinkled it with italian seasoning. I do recommend that you make sure there is no corn syrup in your tomato sauce.
When using cheese make sure that you measure carefully. Cheese is a calorie dense ingredient, but also very yummy! To get a little more punch from your cheese make sure you grab a sharp cheddar or pepper jack. The more flavor to the cheese the less you will need to feel satisfied.
As you can see I’ve made the Zucchini Pizza Boat recipe with regular turkey pepperoni and mini turkey pepperoni. I love the mini turkey pepperonis but they can be hard to find sometimes.
To add a little more flavor I sprinkle parmesan cheese over the pepperoni. You could reserve a little of the regular cheese if you would prefer.
This recipe is incredibly easy and ready in only 20 minutes!
- 1 Zucchini medium
- 1 oz turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablepoons spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup low fat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut zucchini in half, trim ends off, and spoon out the seeds
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Spread spaghetti sauce in boats
- Sprinkle cheese into the boats
- Place your pepperoni all over the zucchini
- Sprinkle parmesan on top of pepperoni
- Cook for 20 minutes – watch your zucchini pizza boats carefully as the size of zucchini can change the cooking time.
Amount Per Serving