Summer is here and it’s time to do some grilling and it’s time to enjoy some great fruits that are in season. What I love about this recipe 1) my boys will eat it and 2) you can use whatever fruit is on sale and/or in season!
Today I pulled out some freshly cut pineapple and a pint of strawberries. They turned out great!
Our absolute favorite terriyaki sauce is Yoshida’s Original Gourmet Sauce (aff link), this is the best sauce ever!
- 1 pound chicken boneless skinless
- 2 cups pineapple fresh or canned
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/2 cup terriyaki sauce
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces, cut pineapple into chunks if using fresh, and cut larger strawberries in half
- Pour terriyaki into a 1 gallon freezer bag
- Add fruit and meat into bag and shake getting the marinade all over the fruit and chicken
- Store in fridge for 45 minutes
- Run skewers through water so they do not burn
- Place fruit and chicken on skewers however you like
- Grill till chicken is cooked through
[box type="tick" icon="none"]Servings: 3 | Calories: 228 | Fat: 1 | Carbohydrate: 25 | Fiber: 3 | Protein: 31[/box]