Frittata Fridays: Cabbage & Bacon Frittata
It’s a new year and I thought about getting rid of Frittata Friday – but you know what I still am in love with this awesome meal. High in protein, low in carbs, easy to make and you can use whatever you want from your fridge!
Today I had some bacon and cabbage leftover from my meal plan this week so I quickly tossed this awesome little frittata together.
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 2 slices center cut bacon cooked
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons cheese low fat
- Preheat broiler
- Cook bacon till crisp in an oven safe pan put aside and let cool slightly
- Place cabbage in pan, add salt and pepper to taste, and saute in bacon grease
- Cut or crumble bacon back into pan
- Saute cabbage for about 3 minutes
- Pour eggs over cabbage a cook for about a minute or till egg starts to set
- Sprinkle with cheese and place pan under broiler for about 3 minutes