One of the most requested meals in our house is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I always try and find the best options for jams and jellies at the store. Watching for high fructose corn syrup and checking sugar content. I’ve made strawberry freezer jam before, but I wanted to try something new that’s why I decided to try making Strawberry Chia Seed Jam.
About Chia Seeds
I have been really working on increasing healthy fatty acids, like omega 3, in the boys’ diets. Chia seeds are a great way of adding more Omega-3 to your food. Chia seeds are also a great thickener, that’s what makes them perfect for this recipe.
This Recipe is So Easy
This is such an easy recipe! You only need a few ingredients that you just mix together and set in the fridge! No cooking just and only an hour to set!
You can use either fresh fruit or frozen fruit, whatever you have available. If you do use frozen fruit make sure and read the nutrition facts to make sure the fruit is unsweetened.
- 2 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- sweetener to taste (not added to nutrition facts)
- Smash strawberries with a fork for a chunkier jam or blend with a blender for a smoother jelly consistency
- Mix chia seeds into fruit
- Set in refrigerator for one hour
- Taste your jam and see if you want to add a little sweetener
- Store in air tight container
Amount Per Serving