Rainbow Yogurt Parfait with Toasted Quinoa
One of the fun things that I did with the Tillamook Light Yogurt I got was to create a delicious Rainbow Yogurt Parfait with Toasted Quinoa. I pulled out the different flavors of yogurt I received and picked one flavor for each layer:
- Pink: Oregon Strawberry
- Orange: Peach
- Yellow: Lemon Squeeze
- Blue: Mountain Huckleberry
- Purple: Pomegranate Blackberry
I spooned a little bit of each flavor carefully into the dish creating a layered look. Which turned out lovely and fun!
I then added the Toasted Quinoa on top which added a little bit more protein and a yummy crunch to this treat. Even Zane loved the toasted Quinoa, which he is the pickiest little one ever!
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 packet truvia
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Cover cookie sheet in parchment paper
- Spread a layer of quinoa across the paper
- Sprinkle spices and sweetner on quinoa
- Bake 30-40 minutes tossing every 10 minutes
- Serve in your cereal for extra protein or sprinkle on yogurt!
This keeps pretty well in the fridge so if you want to make it the night before for an amazing breakfast! That’s what I did.